We believe that general dentistry is quality-of-life dentistry, and we offer a range of services and guidance on at-home dental care to help you maintain good oral health. At Dr Belokar’s Dental Clinic and Implant Center, Kharghar Navi Mumbai, we take a holistic approach to oral healthcare. Our mission is to partner with you in achieving a bright smile and a mouth that is in peak condition for optimal overall health.
Ensuring good oral hygiene is crucial for maintaining healthy teeth and gums. This involves a comprehensive approach that begins in the dental chair and continues at home. Here are some essential tips for maintaining excellent oral hygiene:
- Schedule regular professional teeth cleaning and examination appointments. These are usually recommended twice a year, but we may suggest more frequent checkups if you have an oral health condition.
- Our exams include an oral cancer screening as an extra precaution.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, once in the morning and once before bed.
- Floss your teeth at bedtime to remove plaque between teeth.
- Brush your teeth before meals instead of after, as brushing after eating can damage tooth enamel.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue to eliminate bacteria that can cause tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath.
- Consider switching to an electric toothbrush for more effective cleaning. Our hygiene team can recommend the most appropriate brand for your needs and demonstrate correct brushing techniques.
- After brushing, rinse your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash to kill any lingering bacteria in tight spaces between teeth and on the tongue.
- If you cannot brush and floss on schedule, rinse your mouth with plain water.
If you think you may be suffering from any dental/medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention. You should never delay seeking dental/medical advice, disregard dental/medical advice, or discontinue dental/medical treatment because of information on this website. Nothing in this dental/medical disclaimer will limit any of our liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law or exclude any of our liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.